This post may contain affiliate links. Read our disclosure page for full details.
Have you and your love had a fight? We know, it happens. If you’re looking for how to apologize to your girlfriend or wife after a fight, we’ve put together a list of sorry messages for her to help you put into words how you feel.
Relationships can be tough and sometimes people might say or do things that they need the perfectly crafted apology message for. If that’s where you are, it really is okay. There are romantic sorry messages, sweet apologies to a girlfriend, I’m sorry quotes for wives and more in this list of I’m sorry messages for her so you can show her how you really feel.
Sorry Messages for Her
Apology Messages for Your Girlfriend
- I know I messed up when I did/said ____. I really am so sorry and hope we can talk about it soon.
- If I told you I’m consumed with guilt from what I said/did to you, what would you say?
- I still am kicking myself for making such a stupid mistake. I really am so sorry.
- If I had a time machine, I’d go back and not ____. I’m so sorry.
- While saying sorry can’t possibly make up for what I did/said to you, I hope you know I really and truly am sorry.
- I feel like the dumbest boyfriend/girlfriend ever to do/say what I did to the world’s best girlfriend. I’m a chump and I’m sorry.
- I keep replaying what I said/did, and I just don’t understand how I did it. You are an amazing girlfriend and you don’t deserve that.
- I know sorry will only get me so far, so please tell me what I can do to make this right for us.
- I know I’ve made a massive mistake, I just hope that you will be willing to hear me out.
- The fact that you don’t have my number blocked just makes me realize what a generous, kind person you are and I just want to make it up to you in any way I can.
- You have been nothing but absolutely amazing in this relationship and I just want to have the opportunity to make this up to you and give you what you deserve.
- You are an incredible girlfriend and I’m so very sorry that this happened. Let’s talk, please.
- I hope you know that I know what an idiot I am. Seriously, who says/does that to their amazing girlfriend? This isn’t who I want to be and I’m sorry
- I keep replaying what I said/did and I just can’t believe it played out like that. I am so, so sorry, please let me make it up to you.
- If you could give me a second chance, I can promise you that something like this will never, ever happen again. The very thought of losing you has taught me a very painful lesson, and I am just so sorry I’ve put you through this.
- I am so sorry for being so thoughtless. You deserve better and I want to make it up to you.
- I was insensitive to you and I’m sorry. I want to be the boyfriend/girlfriend you deserve, please give me a chance to show you.
- You have every right to be mad at me and I don’t want to push you. I’m so sorry and I’m here whenever you feel ready to talk.
- You are everything I’ve ever wanted in a girlfriend, I’m so sorry I’ve compromised what we have. Please let me make it up to you.
- What I did was foolish, there’s no way I can possibly rationalize my stupid behavior. I’m so sorry, you didn’t deserve that.
- I am so sorry, really and truly. Please don’t let this be the end of our story.
- If you could find it in your heart to give me another chance, I promise you I won’t rest until I show you who I really am.
- You = Perfect Girlfriend. Me = Total Idiot.
- I know there’s no excuse for my actions, so I won’t make one. I just want you to know I am so sorry to have hurt you.
- You are an incredible girlfriend and I hate that I’ve fallen so short with you. I’m sorry and hope that someday I can try to make it up to you.
Apology Messages for Your Wife
- To my beautiful wife: I know I’ve messed up and I can only hope that you will let me try and make it up to you.
- You have always been there for me in every way, and to think that I wasn’t there for you when you needed me breaks my heart and I probably deserve that. I’m so sorry.
- We have such a beautiful history together. I am so sorry that my actions have compromised that.
- I know that there’s no changing the past, but please know that I wake up every morning wishing I could. I’m so very sorry.
- You are an incredible woman and I really don’t know how I have ever deserved you. I’m so sorry for what I’ve done and hope we can talk things through soon.
- If I could take it back, I would. I’m so sorry.
- You are an amazing wife and none of this is your fault. I’m to blame here, for all of it.
- I know this has complicated everything, but I appreciate you being willing to talk to me about it. I love you and am so sorry.
- I don’t deserve a second chance, I know that, but if you would be willing to keep moving forward with me, I promise you you’ll never regret it.
- You are basically a perfect wife and I’m the idiot in this marriage. I’m so sorry.
- I know this is going to be so hard to get through, but please tell me you think we are worth it.
- This is all my fault. I hate that I’ve hurt the woman I love most in this world.
- I want to comfort you so badly, but I feel like I can’t because I’m the one who hurt you and this is a horrible feeling.
- You have always been my everything, and to know that I’ve failed you is destroying me. I know, I deserve that, I just hope that you can someday forgive me.
- I am so sorry, I understand why you’re angry. We’ve had such an incredible history together, I am hoping you will give me a chance to make this right.
- Every day I wake up with my heart breaking, remembering what has happened. I am so sorry, please let me try to make this up to you.
- I hate that this has happened, and I just hope that you believe me when I say that I never wanted to hurt you and I’ll live with this regret for the rest of my life.
- I am a fool to have mistreated you like this. I respect, admire, and love you always, and my actions here haven’t shown you that, but I promise I can make this right.
- I have so many regrets in this life, but my biggest one is hurting you like this. I am so sorry, please let me try to make this up to you.
- I love you so much and am so sorry I’ve hurt you, my darling wife. I am an idiot, please forgive me.
- I am so sorry. We said “in good times and in bad,” well, I’m so sorry I’ve brought the bad. Please let me make this right for us.
- You are my favorite person on this planet and I’ve hurt you. I’ve broken both our hearts and I’m so sorry.
- I am so sorry for what I said/did. I’m a total mess without you, please let me try to make this up to you.
- The idea that I could compromise this marriage, the very best thing that’s ever happened to me, with my thoughtless words/actions is destroying me. I’m so sorry I’ve put you through this.
- You deserve much better than this and I’m sorry. Please let me show you how much you mean to me.
Long Distance I’m Sorry Messages for Her
- I know I’m sorry won’t make up for what’s happened here, but please know that I really and truly am.
- I hate that I can’t be there to tell you how sorry I am in person. I really miss you.
- I wish I could rewind the clock and take it all back, but I can’t. Please don’t throw away our future over my stupid actions. I’m so sorry and want to make this right.
- Being so far apart makes these apologies so hard to deliver. You deserve the best and I haven’t shown you that so far, please give me another chance to show you how I feel.
- I am so sorry for everything that’s happened. I hope and pray you’ll give me another chance to show you what you mean to me in person.
- All this distance between us makes it even harder to try and figure out where to go from here. I am so sorry for everything, please tell me what I can do to make it better.
- If I was there with you in person, I would try to show you how sorry I am, but since all I have are words, please know I love and miss you so much and will do everything I can to make this right.
- I know we can’t be together in person right now, but I want you to know that I will go anywhere and do anything to make this right. Tell me what to do to prove to you how sorry I am.
- No one said long-distance relationships were easy, but I had no idea long-distance apologies would be so insanely hard. I’ve been an idiot, please forgive me.
- I know that there are no words that can adequately express what a fool I’ve been, but I want you to know that I know I messed up and I am begging you to give me a chance to be the partner you deserve.
- There are no excuses to be made here so I won’t even try. Please just know I am so very sorry and this distance between us-both physical and emotional-is breaking my heart. Please allow me to show you what you mean to me.
- If there was a way for me to teleport through this phone to you, I would do it in a heartbeat so you could see me down on my knees, begging you to please forgive me.
- I have missed you so much throughout this distance, now I feel like I’ve put even more distance between us with this screw-up. Please tell me I can make this right.
- I am so sorry for being such a horrible long-distance partner. I just want to try and make it up to you.
- I hope that there’s a day coming when we will finally be together again in the same place, finally, where we will laugh about all this and be grateful we held on to each other.
- I know long-distance relationships are never easy but trying to fix a stupid mistake like this with a long-distance apology is a whole new level of hard here. I’m so sorry.
- I miss you always, but especially now as I just feel desperate to see your face and hear your voice and know what’s happening in your head and heart. Please forgive me.
- If I could make this all go away, I would. I hate that I’ve put even more between us than the distance we were already dealing with.
- You are so important to me and the thought of us being together again one day is what has gotten me through. I know I’ve messed up, but please don’t throw away what we have because I was an idiot. I can do better, I promise.
- I know there’s no reason for you to believe me and it would probably be easier to just walk away from this long-distance relationship, but please hear me when I say that I can make it all worthwhile if you can just hang on through this with me.
- I have messed up so much with you and I don’t blame you for being angry. I blame myself for being such an idiot, and I know the long-distance thing isn’t an excuse.
- I am so lucky to have you, and I just hope that doesn’t change because of what I said/did. I want us to come back together even stronger than we ever were before, and I’m sorry to have hurt you.
- I think I could spend the rest of my life typing out sorry texts to you, but they could never completely express how remorseful I am. Please just hold on until I can look you in your eyes again.
- Being apart through the good times is hard enough, but being apart through this? I’m so sorry for everything, I wish I was there to hold you and make it better.
- I am so sorry, I just hope that you’ll give me another chance to make this right when we are back together again. These text apologies will never come close to showing you how I feel like holding you in my arms again can.
It can be really hard to express your remorse when you’ve messed up, but if you can take these sorry messages for her and add your own words to them, taking ownership of your actions, you might be able to show her how sorry you feel. It’s not easy trying to form romantic sorry messages, because romantic apologies are always bittersweet, but if you can be honest, open, and let her know that you know you’ve messed up, you might just find forgiveness, and maybe even a second chance.
Whether you end up saying, writing or texting these sorry messages for her, we hope you find peace and resolution in your relationship.
You might also like:
- Habits of Happy Couples: 7 Things To Do for an Amazing Relationship
- Top Signs of an Unhappy Marriage (and how to make it better)
- The First Year of Marriage: A Survival Guide
- Affair-Proof: 7 Ways to Protect Your Marriage from Infidelity
- 50 of the Sweetest, Most Romantic Christmas Messages for Her
- Relationship Advice for Couples: 12 Principles for Lasting Relationships
- How to Build Trust in a Relationship (Even if it’s Broken)
- How to Tell Someone You Like Them: Tips for Grown Ass Adults
- 10 Rules for a Happy Marriage: How to Make Your Relationship Last
Amy Hartle is the co-founder and owner of Two Drifters, where she blogs about romantic and couples travel, relationships, honeymoons, and more. With a Master’s in English and a BA in Musical Theatre, Amy loves to write quality content as well as to entertain, and she hopes to do a bit of both here on the blog! Amy is happily married to her husband Nathan, and when not working on their sites, Amy & Nathan can be found cuddling, reading, and enjoying delicious lattes.