- We promise that we take data safety seriously and we use your private data only to offer a personalized experience.
- We use Mailchimp for our newsletter, which you can opt out of at any time.
- If you subscribed to our newsletter, you will receive our newsletters. You can always unsubscribe at any time by following the link in email or by emailing us at [email protected] If you gave us your name, it will only be used to personalize the newsletters.
- We have never sold, we are not selling, and we will not sell any of your personal data provided to us.
- All of our affiliates are GDPR compliant.
- You have the right to:
– be informed regarding how the data is collected and used
– have access to the data about you
– ask us to change the data about you
– ask us to delete the data about you
– ask us to stop sending your newsletters
Two Drifters abides by GDPR regulations, so if you wish to have your information (e.g. comments removed) and you’re an EU resident, please get in touch with us. We are happy to amend/remove your information/comments/email from the mailing list if you contact us. We do not retain secondary copies of commenters/reader contact information without permission. Similarly, we do not resell or share your contact information with third parties. Similarly, once you opt out of the mailing list, you are permanently removed.
What Information Do We Collect?
Information Voluntarily Submitted to the Website by Readers: We may collect personal information from you such as your name or email address if you submit them personally. You may voluntarily submit information to the Website by leaving a comment, subscribing to a newsletter, or submitting a contact form. This is the ONLY way we collect information. We do not search for these details. It is done voluntarily by you, our readers. You do not need to submit any voluntary information in order to use/read the website.
Automatically-Collected Information: We automatically collect certain information about you and the device with which you access the Website. When you use the Website for instance, our site will log your IP address, operating system type, browser type, referring website, pages you viewed, and the dates/times when you accessed the Website. Would could also collect the details of actions you take on the Website, such as links clicked. Your information has been made ANONYMOUS and only is viewed on an aggregate basis.
How Your Information May Be Used
- In website operation and maintenance.
- To send you newsletters. Each email promotion will provide an easy opt-out button.
- To respond to your comments or inquiries.
- To track and measure statistics/advertising on the Website.
- To protect, investigate, and deter against unauthorized or illegal activity.
Third-Party Use of Personal Information
We may share your information with third parties when you explicitly authorize us to share your information. Additionally, the Website may use third-party service providers to service various aspects of the Website. Each third-party service provider’s use of your personal information is dictated by their respective privacy policies.
Two Drifters currently uses the following third-party service providers:
Google Analytics – this service tracks Website usage and provides information such as referring websites and user actions on the Website. Google Analytics may capture your IP address, but no other personal information is captured by Google Analytics. We have anonymized our Google Analytics data and never look at non-aggregated data.
We may log information using cookies, which are small data files stored on your browser by the Website. We may use both session cookies, which expire when you close your browser, and persistent cookies, which stay on your browser until deleted, to provide you with a more personalized experience on the Website.
Users may, at any time, prevent the setting of cookies, by the Website, by using a corresponding setting of your internet browser and may thus permanently deny the setting of cookies. Furthermore, already set cookies may be deleted at any time via an Internet browser or other software programs. This is possible in all popular Internet browsers. However, if users deactivate the setting of cookies in your Internet browser, not all functions of our Website may be entirely usable.
Sensitive Personal Data
If you leave a comment, certain information (your name and/or website) may be publicly visible; however, your email address will never be displayed. We will NOT contact you using your email. This is against GDPR regulations. If you wish to be contacted by Two Drifters, please Contact Us at [email protected] Please do not request that we contact you in the comments.
Information Regarding Children
The Website does not knowingly collect any personally identifiable information from children under the age of 16. If a parent or guardian believes that the Website has personally identifiable information of a child under the age of 16 in its database, please contact us immediately. We will use our best efforts to promptly remove such information from our records.